Hi there folks –
This post is normally provided automatically – Diigo lets you bookmark the things you later turn into a blog post. Today, however, it’s International Translation Day – and the links are hand-picked for the occasion. Enjoy!
- Google Translate Blog – the people who translate the internet automatically…
- Duolingo Blog – …and the folks who prefer to crowd-source it. Both bold initiatives.
- Translation in ELT – This is a discussion about how translation helps language teaching.
- “Is That a Fish in Your Ear?” – this book about translation may change your life forever – fair warning!
- Chris Bliss on TED – talking about the links between translation and comedy.
Missing something? Add it in the comments.
(Photo source: transla.org – a badass, kick-ass translation training centre)
You are here to read and learn. I'm here to write!
My three e-books are available for you to download.
I update them every year with bonus chapters, so you always get the latest info.
They all cost less than a fancy coffee. If you don't like them, you get your money back within 45 days.
And if you do like them, you will help me help my favourite charity, and motivate me to write more!
Get the bundle here.